Gokmen Approach, is an unorthodox treatment algorithm. It finds solutions by detecting the causes instead of prescribing drugs for diagnosis. It deals with the patient’s body as a whole.
Patient’s complaints include lots of clues. That is why listening to the patient is crucial for medicine. Gokmen Approach uses treatments organizing body’s network, instead of drugs.
Listening to the Patient
1. A detailed history is taken.
- At first, the patient is listened to without interfering and the information taken is recorded as exactly as it is told.
- Then detailed questions are asked about the pain (the type, duration, location and when it begins).
- All diseases the patient previously had are recorded.
- Other complaints that the patient did not report but may be related to the main one are questioned.
- Family history, especially the ones relevant to the patient’s complaint are recorded.
- A timeline of all the complaints is made.
2. The mechanism of the disease, how do we get sick, the timewise relation of diseases and the interference field approach is expressed to the patient.
3. How the existing complaints were occurred and the relations between them are expressed also.
4. A treatment plan is prepared for the detected interference fields.
How do I treat?
Neural therapy forms the base of the treatment. The other methods are just there to help.
But for some patients, dental treatment may replace neural therapy since it will be useless or not as much effective.
- Neural Therapy: The core of the treatment. On most patients, it is the first thing to do.
- Acupuncture: It is an assistive method. Acupuncture is effective especially on stress management and relieving jaw and neck spasms.
- Magnetic Field Treatment: Cleaning the magnetic pollution of patient’s system speeds up the recovery process and helps getting better results.
- Cepes Laser: Relieves affected muscles and prepares the patient for the treatment.
- Dental Treatments: In the cases where teeth – jaw complex is the cause, dental treatments may be enough by themselves. The physician detects the problem and dental specialists do what is required.
The plan, made after evaluating patient’s data. It may be changed in accordance with the symptoms during the treatment. Number of sessions may increase or decrease.
- As a part of the protective plan, a dental treatment is suggested even to patients with some problems with their teeth but do not need a dental treatment as a part of the therapy.
- Majority of headache patients require neural therapy and dental treatment.
- Some patients may need nothing but a dental treatment.
Duration of the Treatment
Treatment consists of sessions and although these happen periodically, not all periods are the same. The criteria here, is the living conditions of the patient and how the body responds to the treatment. Hence, each patient requires a special treatment plan according to their progress.
- Patients may require between 3 to 10 sessions.
- Preferably, the sessions are applied with a 48-hour break at least. But these breaks may be longer (considering the patient’s conditions and the requirements of the treatment).
- The plan made at the beginning is open to changes.
- Patient’s response and the order of importance of the symptoms are evaluated at each session. And a new plan is made accordingly.
- At some stages, a break (for weeks or months) may be given and the responses of the pain and the symptoms are waited.
- This is a lifelong treatment. Disease susceptibility continues after the treatment. In the following years, new interference fields may occur and correspondingly, some symptoms may come back. But this is not a problem. Even after years, patients may continue their treatment.
Pain is body’s cry for help. It is possible to cure every pain by detecting its cause.