Neural therapy is stimulating the network of the body, namely autonomic nervous system, to cure the problems. It is an injection treatment however, it is not pharmacological.
Neural therapy seems like an integrative medicine approach but actually, it must be included in conventional medicine applications. Here, you can find details about the mechanism of action, the story and the diseases it may be applied for.
1 – What is Neural Therapy?
Neural therapy affects by way of autonomic nervous system. All the infections, operations and traumas we suffer throughout our lives leave bioelectrical damages on this system. And these problems, called interference fields, form the basis of diseases.
Neural therapy steps into the picture at this point and fixes these problem with the help of injections.
2 – Neural Therapy Story
The story of neural therapy begins with an incident that draws the attention of two German anesthetists, Ferdinand and Walter HUNEKE, in the 1920s. The two brothers have observed an unexpected effect of “procaine” which they accidentally used while trying to cure their sister’s migraine.
And in 1940, F. Huneke developed “Interference Field” approach, after witnessing the healing of a shoulder pain, following the injection of procaine applied for a wound in the leg.
3 – What is an Interference Field?
Interference field approach that Huneke brothers have added to medical literature in 1940 is a way of understanding diseases and getting ill. The electrical potential of a healthy cell decreases after infections, traumas and surgical incisions. If there are hard, dense and constant stimulations the cell cannot pull itself together and produces rhythmic discharges due to this potential loss. And this formation called the “interference field”, lives with the patient forever.
The stimulations coming from the sources of the problem (i.e. primary focuses) may cause, by affecting the autonomic nervous system transmission network, secondary focuses on another area to form.
4 – How Is Neural Therapy Applied?
Neural therapy is an injection treatment which should not be considered solely as injecting something to the body. The foundation of neural therapy is the interference field approach.
- The characteristics and time of appearance of the patient’s complaints, and the whole story must be carefully evaluated. This way, the primary interference field causing the disease may be detected.
- Repetitive intra dermal procaine injections are made to the relevant area.
- The treatment should continue with dental professionals if the interference field is the teeth.
5 – Neural Therapy is Applicable to Which Diseases?
Neural therapy is a treatment method that is suitable to almost every disease. It is especially effective on long lasting pains that conventional therapy is not able to cure.
- Pain treatment: Migraine, tension type headache, low back-neck pain, hernia, neuralgia
- Fibromyalgia (soft tissue rheumatism)
- Neurological diseases: dizziness, tinnitus, Meniere’s disease, facial paralysis, carpal tunnel syndrome, restless leg syndrome
- Other areas: Hormonal disorders, arthrosis, rheumatic problems, calcifications, sports injuries
6 – Neural Therapy Side Effects
Does neural therapy have any side effects?
- Neural therapy, known for more than 80 years, has no known side effects
- Neural therapy is considered as a natural treatment, not pharmacological. Procaine is only used to stimulate the autonomic nervous system
- Needles are left for 15-20 minutes on the body
- Procaine is obtained from urtica urens and bitter almonds
- It can even be used on pregnant and breastfeeding women, and babies
7 – Neural Therapy Patients
Patients who try neural therapy have several characteristics in common. Usually they:
- Are desperate and still suffer, despite trying every other treatment method,
- Suffer from diseases that conventional medicine says “It cannot be helped. You have to learn with it,”
- Know someone who had neural therapy,
- Do not like using drugs,
- Want to live a healthy and natural life.
Briefly, lucky and conscious patients…