PAIN REVOLUTION /1/
A Real and Scientific Treatment for Headaches with a New Approach
“I lived my own migraine again and again with each patient and felt suffocated with their ongoing pain. So be it. At the end we got better and happier together… Now I know that my long lasting struggle for curing migraine is based on the ‘fellowship of sufferers.”
Neurologist Dr. Emel Gokmen
The attacks and headaches she suffered ever since she was a little child, conduced her to finding a “solution” to these problems.
Migraine, as common as 10%, reminds itself every once in a while, and in the cases it can be defeated via drugs, may not be perceived as a serious problem. But having headaches almost every day and not finding a relief in drugs take your life away. You begin feeling tired and desperate. That is why Dr. Gokmen states that she wrote her book especially for desperate patients.
In this book, it is shown that migraine is not just a headache, with the help of stories of several patients. Each story contains different reasons and solutions for the pain. This book, offering a chance for everyone to find a similar story to their own, provides a better understanding of migraineurs by revealing their world.
Dr. Gokmen, making a revolution in pain treatment, calls her treatment algorithm, which she developed by combining conventional and integrative medicine, and focusing specifically on headaches and migraine, Gokmen Approach. She finds the causes of migraine, which is currently on the list of diseases of unknown etiology in this book, where she shares her experiences and breaks the belief that “migraine is a brain disease”. Also, she proves that migraine is caused by the body and she shows real, resulting, scientific treatment alternatives. That is a revolution in pain!
Migraine Solutions, although written in a language clear to patients, is also a useful, enlightening guide for both clinician and academician physicians and dentists.
What is Gokmen Approach?
Gokmen Approach is a treatment algorithm that finds out the reasons of migraine and headaches by evaluating them in an unorthodox way and fixes these reasons again with unorthodox methods.
- This approach claims that “migraine is an interference field disease” by proving that both migraine and headaches are caused by the interference fields in the body with the help of clinical results. It shows that autonomic nervous system dysfunction causes migraine and finds the reasons of this dysfunction.
Also, Gokmen Approach finds the reasons of the headaches in the primary headaches list of IHS (International Headache Society) one by one and re-classifies them by the reasons. This way, it shows that cluster headache and trigeminal neuralgia are completely caused by tooth-jaw complex.
- Interference fields detected on the patient are fixed by neural therapy and treatments for tooth-jaw complex. These are all applied by a team, containing a managing physician (neurologist, pain specialist or primary care physician) and dental specialists (endodontist, restorative specialist, periodontologist, gnathology and prosthetic specialist, maxillofacial surgeon).
Chapters of the Book
Chapter One: Understanding Migraine via Its Historical Development
- Migraine theories
- Formation of migraine
Chapter Two: How Should the Treatment of Migraine and Headaches Be?
- Cause-related, side effect free treatment methods
- How should the patient be approached?
- What are significant during the treatment?
- Advices for patients
Chapter Three: Understanding Migraine via Stories and Solutions
- Understanding migraine requires an ‘integrative’ approach
- Common (without aura) migraine – Story
- What is common (without aura) migraine? What is the treatment?
- Migraine with aura (classical) attacks – Story
- What is migraine with aura (classical)? What is the treatment?
- What is complicated migraine? What is the treatment?
- Silent migraine – Story
- What is silent migraine (aura without headache)? What is the treatment?
- Childhood migraine – Story
- What is childhood migraine? What is the treatment?
- Which migraine types are less likely to be seen on children?
- Migraine with vomiting attacks – Story
- Are cyclical vomiting attacks in childhood actually migraine?
- Puberty migraine in young girls – Story
- Puberty migraine and treatment
- Menstrual migraine – Story
- Menstrual migraine and treatment
- Migraine beginning with birth control pills – Story
- Migraine beginning with hormonal medicine
- Migraine in pregnancy
- What to do if migraine attacks keep coming during pregnancy?
- Migraine beginning with C-section – Story
- Are C-Section and migraine related?
- Migraine and headache in the first days of motherhood
- Migraine story of a nursing mother
- What to do for migraine attacks in nursing women?
- Migraine story of a young girl with early menopause symptoms
- Treatment of migraine and early menopause patients without neural therapy
- Migraine treatment during and after menopause
- Story of advanced age migraine
- How to approach migraine beginning in advanced ages?
- Chronical migraine – Story
- What is chronical migraine? What is the treatment?
- Tension type headache – Story
- What are the characteristics of tension type headache? What is the treatment?
- The relation of cervicogenic headache (caused by the neck) and migraine, and its treatment
- Migraine beginning with dizziness – Story
- What are the characteristics of vertiginous migraine? What is the treatment?
- How to distinguish sinusitis from migraine? What should be taken into consideration during the treatment?
- Status Migrainosus – Story
- What are the characteristics of status migrainosus? What is the treatment?
- Weekend migraine – Story
- How to deal with migraine occurring at the weekend or in happy moments?
- Is headache coming with sexual activity dangerous?
- Are migraine and epilepsy related?
- Migraine severe enough to condemn the patient to home – Story
- Atypical migraine, migraine with autonomic dysfunction and their treatment
Chapter Four: The Treatment of Headaches Caused by Tooth-Jaw Complex
(Cluster Headache, Trigeminal Neuralgia and Others)
- How did the etiology of cluster headache and trigeminal neuralgia solved?
- Typical cluster headache – Story
- What is cluster headache?
- How and why does cluster headache occur?
- What is the treatment for cluster headache?
- Cluster headache appearing in middle or advanced ages in men – Story
- Characteristics of cluster headache appearing in middle or advanced ages in men
- Cluster headache in women – Story
- Characteristics of cluster headache in women
- Cluster headache chronic from the beginning – Story
- Characteristics of cluster headache chronic from the beginning
- The effect of cortisone use on cluster headache
- The role of tooth-jaw complex in migraine
- What is trigeminal neuralgia? How should the treatment be?
- Approach for trigeminal neuralgia characteristic cluster headache
- Approach for cluster headache characteristic trigeminal neuralgia
- Headaches with dominant visual symptoms and their treatments
- Migraine attacks caused by temporomandibular joint problems – Story
- Migraine caused by temporomandibular joint problems and clenching
- What is stabbing headache? What is the treatment?
- Hypnic headache, waking up elderly people at night, and its treatment
Neurologist Dr. Emel Gokmen
Dr. Gokmen was born in 1967 in Muğla and graduated from Ege University, Faculty of Medicine in 1990. Later, in 1999, she became a specialist in neurology at Istanbul University, Faculty of Medicine.
After quitting her job in German Hospital in 2004, she began studying integrative medicine. Questioning the “diagnose and prescribe accordingly” loop, Dr. Gokmen started researching some diseases, notably migraine and headaches from which she also had been suffering for a long time. Afterwards, combining her traditional medicine education with integrative medicine trainings (neural therapy, acupuncture, homeopathy and magnetic field treatment) formed “Gokmen Approach”.
“Gokmen Approach” finds and fixes the problems in diseases like mostly migraine and headaches, and besides, low back-neck pains and hernias, dizziness, ringing in the ears, fibromyalgia, and restless leg syndrome by using traditional and integrative medicine together.
Dr. Gokmen’s approach on finding the causes of diseases, provided solutions for lots of patients, especially for migraine.
Gokmen claimed that cluster headache is only caused by the problems in tooth-jaw complex and proved herself right by relieving many patient treating the problem in mentioned area.
Gokmen, mother of a son, committed herself to easing the pain.
Author: Neurologist Dr. Emel Gokmen
Publisher: Hayykitap – 253
Category: Life Is Beautiful – 36
First Edition: April 2014
Number of Pages: 143
Size: 15,5 x 23 cm
Price: 12 TL