What is Gokmen Approach?
- Gokmen Approach is a custom, integrative, scientific, natural treatment without any side-effects.
- It detects the cause of each complaint and relates them to each other.
- It confirms these relations by observing the changes in the system with the help of neural therapy and dental works. It unearths the relations that conventional medicine cannot realize.
Essence of Gokmen Approach
- Finds the causes of aches based upon the motto “Pain is body’s cry for help”.
- Breaks the “diagnose, then prescribe accordingly” cycle.
- Evaluates clinical data and observations in the light of scientific physiopathological studies.
- Offers solutions by finding the problems in the network. Applies effective integrative medicine approaches instead of using drugs.
- Dr. Gokmen has developed a new specialty focused on managing dental treatments that cause pain and lots of other diseases.
Development of Gokmen Approach
Dr. Gokmen, has abandoned the classical approach in 2004 and begun focusing on and treating the causes. Then she combined her conventional and integrative medicine studies, specialty and neural therapy training with her experience on detecting the cause-and-effect relationship she gained to constitute “Gokmen Approach”.
She showed that it is possible to cure many diseases applying Aude Sapere motto, i.e. thinking with a free mind.
- Has valued the first rule of medicine: listen to the patient.
- Has created charts for interference fields and timeline of the problem, considering the patient’s history.
- Has applied neural therapy to the interference fields and obtained positive results. When she realized that it is not as effective as it should be on every patient, she thought that the injections might not be enough to fix all the interference fields in the body.
- Has evaluated the change in the pain at every stage and thought “If the patient is still complaining then there still has to be a problem to solve in the system (i.e. the body)” and focused on the reasons of it.
- Has foreseen a solution in working with dentists since most of the interference fields are located in the teeth-jaw complex. Thus she directed the patients to dentists in various stages of the treatment but could not get a satisfactory result.
- Has observed that they needed to work with a specialist since she predicted that the interference fields in this area are mostly caused by insufficient dental treatments.
- Realized that a treatment management is required after beginning to work with specialists.
- Has gained enough dentistry knowledge to manage the treatment.
- Has shown that with Gokmen Approach, lots of diseases about which physicians say “you need to learn to live with it” may be cured. This, if the pain is recognized and defined well enough, and the physician knows about interference fields, dentistry and pain management.
New Solutions to Diseases
Diseases for which, new solutions have been developed with Gokmen Approach, by figuring out the cause-and-effect relationship:
- Cluster Headache
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Tension Type Headache
- Vertigo & Tinnitus
- Restless Leg Syndrome
Who Can Perform?
- Gokmen Approach is applied by a team.
- The managing physician of the treatment (a neurologist, pain specialist or primary care physician) should be familiar with interference fields and teeth-jaw complex. And the other members should be dental specialists (endodontist, restorative dentist, periodontologist, gnathology specialist or prosthodontist, maxillofacial surgeon).
- To apply Gokmen Approach, above mentioned specialists (neurologist, pain specialist, primary care physician and even dentists) should have a basic training.
- After the basic training, this approach can be applied for migraine and headaches. The more experience the specialist gained, the better the chances of success.
Things a physician who is intended to improve their disease and treatment visions should know:
- Interference field approach, that traditional medical schools do not teach.
- How the life energy (dynamis) gets disrupted and responds to the treatment.
- Connections among diseases, and between diseases and interference fields.
- Systemic connections of tooth-jaw complex problems.
- Knowledge and experience enough to discuss the patient’s condition with dentists and manage the treatment.
What is targeted with the use of Gokmen Approach?
- Increasing the success of the physicians, dentists and primarily pain specialists in the treatments.
- Thereby curing lots of desperate patients.
- Making physicians of various specialties develop new solutions in their respective areas.
- Making physicians believe “Aude Sapere” and question the drug treatments they see as the only option based on the paradigm “evidence-based medicine”.