What is Fibromyalgia?
Though fibromyalgia is very common, only 1/3 of the patients get diagnosed. People mostly think that the patient is making these complaints up but one can witness the severity of it just by observing the symptoms.
“Even if invisible, the pain is there. Fibromyalgia is REAL…"
- You don’t feel like you used to be,
- Your body can’t keep up with your wishes,
- You do not like being touched,
- You are having trouble explaining what you feel,
- If you look well despite all of these: YOU MAY HAVE FIBROMYALGIA!…
- Widespread pain (lasting longer than 3 months)
- Pain on at least 11 of 18 tender points
- Pain on both sides of the body, on the spine, in neck-back-hip areas
- Infection, surgery, trauma, severe stress in patient’s history
- Hormonal disorders (thyroid, menstrual irregularities)
3-6% of world’s population (~ 139 million people) suffers from fibromyalgia.
Causes of Fibromyalgia (According to Gokmen Approach)
Although fibromyalgia is classified as having no effective treatment, Gokmen Approach is able to treat it to give the patient their life quality back by pointing out the following reasons:
- Hypersensitive character of the patient: This reveals itself in both personality and the nervous system.
- Interference fields in connective tissue (tonsil area) caused by throat infections of past and present.
- Imbalance of the body: Orthodontic treatments, missing teeth, imbalanced prosthetics and mostly, clenching teeth.
- Accumulation in body matrix as a result of gut flora problems.
- Interference fields caused by gynecologic interventions (C-section, abortion, intrauterine devices, etc.)